Facebook is 14 years old today.
Look back and see, if you remember Facebook like this ?
Let’s unfold the story of Facebook.
1. Mark Zuckerberg is not the mind behind social networking site.
2. An idea came to him and he carried it forward to the highest level.
3. Together with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Mark Zuckerberg launched Facebook from Harvard’s dormitory rooms.
4. In February 2004, Facebook started as a way for university students to keep in touch.
5. Within 24 hours of “the Facebook” going live, 1,200 Harvard students had signed up.
6. Zuckerberg extended the network to other Boston universities, then the Ivy League and finally to all US universities.
7. By October 2005 it had become simply Facebook and had reached the UK.
8. In the early days, there was no news feed, no “like” button and certainly no Messenger – it was all “poking” and throwing sheep.
9. Al Pacino was the first “face” on Facebook.
10. The website’s primary color is blue as Zuckerberg is red-green colour-blind. “Blue is the richest color for me—I can see all of blue.”
11. Twelve years on and Zuckerberg is one of the richest people on the planet.
12. The social network has already co-founded Internet.org, an enterprise that is working on solar-powered drones that aim to beam internet signal to remote parts of the world currently lacking connection.
Facebook : Hidden Facts
* If Facebook were a country, it would be the fifth-largest country in the world, after China, India, the U.S., and Indonesia.
* In 2011, Iceland took the help of Facebook in rewriting its constitution. Two thirds of Iceland's population is on Facebook, so the constitutional council used Facebook to rewrite its constitution.
* 1 in 3 people feels more dissatisfied with their lives after visiting Facebook, according to a study.
* 600,000 hacking attempts are made to Facebook accounts every day.
* It is the second biggest website by traffic behind Google.
* There are 100,000 friend requests every 10 minutes.
* There are 500,000 Facebook “likes” every minute.
* Every minute there are 150,000 messages sent.
* Facebook generates $1.4 million in revenue every hour.